Build your email list with lead Magnets
A Lead magnet is a value offering to your visitors in order to get their email address. 90% of most visitors usually visit a page but never buy. Depending on how expensive or complex your offerings are, a visitor will usually window shop and perform price comparison. They will land on your page, read your offering, then leave and probably will not come back. With this statistic at hand, what will you do to be able to get these visitors information? This is where a lead magnet comes in play. Think about it, when someone lands on your page, you need to somehow get this visitors information so you can do the following:
1. Build trust. A person will usually buy from someone that they trust. That is why word of mouth works. But trust takes time. That is why its important to get their information so you can build this trust.
2. Show them that you are awesome. The easiest way is to become an expert in your field and then educate your customers. Teach them about your industry. By doing so, you will establish yourself as an authoritative figure in your industry and become “awesome”, in your customers eyes.
3. Show value. Educate them about your field, give them tips. Do it for free. Everyone loves free, and that is valuable. Showing your customers value, will keep them coming back.
1. You build a list of leads. Which is an asset in itself.
2. Because they trust you, when they are ready to buy from you. They will.
Now before you do this, you need create an awesome lead magnet. Something sexy that will get them to give up their email address.
The most common strategy is to have somewhere on your web site that will catch someones attention and provide them a great value proposition in exchange for their email address.
Orlando City offers a free guide for the city of Orlando. To read this guide, a visitor must submit their email address.
Tweaky has a great guide on building an online audience. Want to read it? Simply provide an email address.
Another good one. Maybe I should be doing this!
Fragrancenet offers 15% coupon if you provide your email address or like them on Facebook.
The purpose of these lead magnets is to provide your visitors with something for free and of value. Something enticing that will push them to give u their email address. Now what value you propose to them to get their email address can vary:
1. Coupon code with a discount
2. Free shipping offering
3. Free ebook guide like most of the examples above. (We do this at CartRescuer)
4. Free Trial (We do this at CartRescuer)
5. Free Demo
For a more social site you can also do something like, “Provide us your email to get today’s Horoscope”.
Remember, 90% of the visitors will not buy from you. You must get their information using clear, well designed and with a great value proposition lead magnet. Once that is done, have a strategy in place to keep building that relationship with your visitors. They might not buy from you now. But they will buy from you later, just show them how awesome you are.